Dnn is the most popular open-source CMS platform on .net. It's been around since ca. 2001.
2sxc has been running on Dnn since it's inception in 2012.
Dnn and 2sxc Version Compatibilities
|6.0||unknown||✅ 1.0 - ca. v4||⛔ v4+||very old versions|
|7.0 - 7.1||unknown||✅ 3.4 - 6.04||⛔ 9.43+||very old versions|
|7.2+||09.43 LTS||✅ 6.x - 09.43||⛔ 10.00+|
|7.4.2+||13.x LTS||✅ 7.x - 13.x||⛔ 14.00+|
|8.x||13.x LTS||✅ 9.x - 13.x||⛔ 14.00+|
|8.0 - 9.6||13.x LTS||✅ 9.x - 13.x||⛔ 14.00+|
|9.6.1+||latest||✅ ca. v9 - latest||⛔ old versions||changes to DI and .net 4.8|
We are very focused on making upgrades easy and pain-free. Here's what you need to know:
- You can upgrade 2sxc by installing the latest version on a system which already has 2sxc installed.
- If you have a version before 8.12, you must first upgrade to 8.12.
- In general when updating from v9 to v14 there are no expected problems.
- Before going to v14 you must be running DNN 9.6.1 or newer.
- In very rare cases you may be affected by breaking changes
Features currently not implemented
None, all 2sxc features are available in DNN.
- 2sxc v1 was for Dnn 4 in 2012
- 2sxc v7 - v13 all run on Dnn 7.4.2 up until the latest Dnn 9.x
- 2sxc v14 requires Dnn 9.6.1 or newer