In 2sxc content/data is Multi-Language by default.
Most of this is documented in Multilanguage Data.
Active Languages per Site
Each Site determines what languages are active in this specific site. Here's how:
Edit-UI Translation Features
The Edit-UI can make a field editable in certain languages and not in others. These are the factors that control it:
- Data is missing in the primary language (then translating it isn't possible yet)
- Some data is not multi-languages so it's either not editable in other languages, or the changes automatically affect all languages. This specifically affects these two cases:
- Related items (which are the same across languages)
- Asset-files (which are the same across languages)
- Field-Configuration disables translation of field (common in url-id-fields)
Export-Import of Multi-Language Content
This is documented in Data Export / Import.