This section explains SQL-Stored Content-Types. For an overview check out Understanding Data....
Usually Content-Types are stored in the database as part of the App they were defined in.
This is how they are stored:
- A table contains the primary entry with
StaticName(usually a GUID) and the nice
Name- the one you give it.
- Other tables list the fields of this Content-Type and assigns them to the Type
- Description of the Content-Type is Metadata - so it's also a multi-lingual Entity which is stored in the App
- Descriptions of the Fields are also Metadata - so it's also a multi-lingual Entity which is stored in the App
Nice to Know
- For advanced scenarios you can also share Content-Types across Apps
- In even more advanced scenarios you can use file based Content-Types
- Added in 2sxc 1.0