Folder structure in the Content App folder
The content-app is simpler than all other apps, because it provides less features to stay focused on "normal" content.
As such, there are no predefined folders. You can create your own to organize your templates as you need, but the structure is completely undefined.
Folder structure and special files of a 2sxc App
A 2sxc app can have no folders at all, or hundreds. The following folders and files are special though, so you should know about them when you need them.
Note that all apps are located in [portal-root]\2sxc\[app-name].
- api this folder contains c# files for the web services this app has
- node_modules is the default folders when you use JS-automation while developing; it can be very large. This folder will be ignored when you export an app
- bower_components contains bower (run-time) dependencies for your JS and can become very large. Normally you will not want this in your app (because it contains a lot of unneeded stuff) so it too will not be exported when you create an app-package.
Recommended sub folder names
The following folders have no technical relevance, but we recommend this naming to improve consistency.
- dist should contain your processed, minified, uglified and combined JS files
- app-icon.png this file is an icon for the app - and will soon be displayed in various dialogs. It should be square and at least 250x250, larger is better
See also Icons in Apps