This explains Content-Type Fields. For an overview check out Understanding Data....
General Settings for all Fields
General Settings contain core information about a field like name, help-text and more. Every field has these configurations.
These are the core Field-Types. Each may have one or more Input-Types.
- Boolean - basic true/false or yes/no values
- Custom - a JSON data type for GPS and other JSON data
- DateTime - for dates and times
- Empty - a UI-only field for things like grouping fields together under a title
- Entity - an item-picker field to choose existing items, for relationships between items - like a book to the author or a blog-post to tags
- Hyperlink - a special string with helper objects which resolve "file:72" to the real link
- Number - for any kind of number like 1, 2, 3 or with decimals
- String - for string types or when you other options don't fit
- Almost all types were introduced in EAV 1.0 2sxc 1.0
- Changed continously - most of it in EAV 2-4 which matches 2sxc 4, 6 and 9