What Happens on the Server...
You should get an idea of how the system works and all the things you can customize. This overview lets you see the essential parts of any App including the main Content.
This is what web-systems do from a bird's-eyes perspective. This is what happens on the server:
- Awesomeize - this is where you tell the system how the output should look, what image sizes you want, how the HTML should be built etc.
- Prepare is a layer of data processing where the desired data is selected to be shown, filtered, sorted etc. By default this happens automatically, you don't have to do anything! But you can customize it anyhow you want.
- Your Data is the original material - probably created by an editor using the CMS UI or in advanced cases it's data coming from SQL, CSV or elsewhere. This data could also be combined from multiple sources. By default this just magically works, you don't have to do anything!
Awesomeize / Customise
You may want to learn more about:
- Bundling / Optimizing Assets
- Image Resizing
- Create App Templates using Razor
- Create custom WebApi Controllers
- The Headless REST API
Something must determine what data should be shown or worked on, which is what happens in the Prepare step.
👉 Data has it's own chapter in the docs Understanding Data...