Headless WebAPIs in 2sxc
Using a CMS like 2sxc as Headless means that the data can be used elsewhere both for showing and editing as needed. 2sxc provides 3 different WebAPIs for this:
- Built-in Content WebAPIs which are REST endpoints for CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete) operations
- Built-in Query WebAPIs which are read-only APIs to query data using VisualQuery
- Custom C# WebAPI controllers which you create to do anything you want
We always recommend that you first experiment with the tutorials before you do anything else:
Discover More in the Web API TutorialsWe have an rich series of Web API tutorials. You should really check them out 👍.
Fine-Tune Serialization of Headless Data
If you use Queries you can now fine-tune how the data will be serialized. Read more about this.
- 2sxc Web API
- Various blogs posted on this topic (just google it)
- Introduced Content-REST API in 2sxc 5.x
- More added in v7.1
- Added in-admin help to access it in 11.10