Query and VisualQuery
2sxc Templates and Headless APIs can use Queries to access data. This is pretty amazing:
- You create such queries using a VisualQuery designer
- Queries can then be assigned to a View so the template recieves this as the data to work with
- Queries can also be used directly in the Headless API if you configure the permissions for this
- The Edit-UI can also use queries in dropdown fields
- You can also access queries using App.Query["QueryName"]
In addition, there are also some built-in System Queries built-in which will get system data for you like a list of Content-Types or Apps in the System.
Note that Queries can created in code and using VisualQuery. The code method is very advanced. You can read more about using DataSources in C# / Razor code. The rest of this page is about VisualQuery.
Queries in an App
All Queries (except for the System-Queries) are stored in the App - this is what it looks like:
To create a new Query hit the + and continue from there:
Use the VisualQuery Designer
Export / Import
When queries run they behave like Data-Sources while internally chaining various other Data-Sources to query the underlying data.
- introduced in 2sxc 6
- continuously enhanced