These documentations are for versions before 15.x. They don't apply to v15+ but are kept for reference. We highly recommend that you don't use them.
The code samples shown here are obsolete. But the code was updated to the latest version. So best get the real code from the DataSource Tutorial Repo
Custom DataSources - Basic Tutorial
We've re-created our Tutorial for the Custom DataSources to match features of 2sxc 11.13. It has 3 DataSources:
- Basic which just provides information about todays Date
- BasicList which generates similar information for a list of 7 dates
- ConfigurableDateTime which shows just about everything you will ever need
Here's what you should look into:
- The VisualStudio project located here: DataSources Github Project
- The companion Demo App (Git | Downloads | App-Catalog) containing some Demo Queries and the Content-Type
Just install the ZIP as a Dnn package from the Git Releases. This will add the DLLs containing the DataSources and the Configuration Content-Type to Dnn as a Library.
Now you can use this DataSource in any 2sxc App.
You can also install the Demo App which already has some Queries #Todo demonstrating them.
Discover the Code
Download the Git-Repo and look at the Code. Next we'll explain the highlights:
Level 1: The most
👉 Tutorial Custom DataSources - Basic
Level 2: A
👉 Tutorial Custom DataSources - BasicList
Level 3: A Configurable, Error-Aware Data-Source
👉 Tutorial Custom DataSources - Configurable
- Created 2017 for 2sxc 7
- Completely rebuilt for 2sxc 11.13 and VisualQuery 3