This is the EAV & 2sxc API Documentation v10.21
This is the documentation for EAV and 2sxc APIs. It's fairly advanced, so if you're new to 2sxc, best start with 2sxc.org.
2sxc - The CMS / CMF of DNN (DotNetNuke)
2sxc is a CMS-Plugin for DNN/DotNetNuke. It makes content editing easier than Wordpress. It's also a CMF like Drupal. And a very cool EAV data-management system. And an online REST JSON database. And a lot more.
2sxc is basically used to provide web-site-builder functionality to DNN, both in a simple Content mode (where users just add images, designed text/image blocks, links etc.) or in App mode, where user add standalone functional apps like blogs, galleries and more. Most apps are on github and can be downloaded from the app-catalog.
Where to Start
2sxc is an easy to use dynamic content system for .net Platforms like DNN. If you are just getting started, then this is probably not where you should be looking. Focus first on:
- Content on 2sxc.org like the learn section
- Apps on 2sxc Catalog which contains many ready-to-use apps like blogs and news, as well as tutorials
- The DNN Tutorials on 2sxc.org
With that knowledge, you can already create amazing stuff.
Everything you find here is very advanced and you won't need it for normal everyday work.
Overview and Links to Other Documentations
2sxc is very flexible and can be used for almost any kind of content-management needs or app development needs. Because of this, different documentations help you work with different things. Here's the overview:
- Getting started tutorials are found in the Learn section of 2sxc.org
includes installation, basic instructions, creating your first content-type and similar tutorials &
it also include instructions how to export/import data, working with the image resizer and more.
- A list of features, concepts and examples can be found in the Docs section of 2sxc.org, including things not specifically code related
- Many solutions and recommendations are found in the Blog on 2sxc.org
- Many demo, template and tutorial Apps are found in the App Catalog on 2sxc.org
- 2sxc / EAV Roadmap
- APIs and similar are found in this wiki - you'll see the TOC in the box to the right
- App folder structure and special files
- Style Guide 2020 (beta) best-practices draft
If you want to know more, then check out...
Generated for EAV/2sxc 10.21.01
Pending Work / Tasks
Next to document
- Finish metadata documentation
These topics are not or insufficiently documented...
- URL and REST API for retrieving / changing data (todo)
- Enhancing 2sxc with custom extensions
- Custom input field-types
- Custom data-types
- Future topics, lower priority
- Angular2-5 and 2sxc (todo)
- React and 2sxc (todo)
- jQuery with 2sxc (todo)
These topics are already documented elsewhere, but should become part of these docs